My first attemp of making stuff using felt cloths.
What I need:
1. Two different colours of felt cloths. Red and blue ones on my case. 2. Scissor, clear glue, embroidery floss or any other thread for the strap. 3. Sewing needle, sewing threads with the same colour as the cloths. 4. Two hearts cut out patterns. The bigger one is 6 cm and the small one is 4 cm in diameter.
1. Cut the felt cloths following the patterns. Two big hearts and one small heart.
2. Sew the heart using opposite thread colour to create the stitches pattern. Red thread for blue cloths and blue thread for red cloths. 3. Sew or glue the embroidery floss or any other thread for the strap on the back of the big heart with stitches.
4. Glue the small heart to the front of the big heart with stitches. 5. Glue the plain big heart (as the base) to the back of the big+small heart so the strap will be secured.
5. And there you have it, heart felt phone strap.
You could follow the same instructions to make different stuff like a brooch, hair pins, or heart felt head band. For brooch, get rid of the strap. You have to glue a safety pin to the base of the heart and add a little strip of felt cloths to secure it.
For hair pin, just glue the hair pin to the back of the heart. The same can be done if you want to put the heart on your head band.
Got a bag full of hands-me-down clothes from my aunt. Most of them are dresses, too big for me to wear cause my aunt is pretty tall and big. One of them is this cute black and white short dress (on my aunt). I want to slim it down but I’m not a dress wearing girl so I decided to cut it down and turn it into a skirt.
1. I cut right under the bust because I want to make the skirt long enough to reach three quarter of my legs.
2. Fold the cut part around 6 centimeters for the waist where I’d put the elastic band.
3. Sew all around but leave a few centimeters for inserting the elastic band using a safety pin. Sew the rest.
4. And there you have it. A brand new cute and flowy(?) skirt :).
I got the idea to make chocolate fudge for quite some time now but I just have the chance to do it this afternoon.
At first I planned to make fudge biscuit bars which needs biscuits, marshmallow, and butter or margarine. But the grocery store near to my house ran out of marshmallows so I used anything I have around the house.
– 100 gram margarine
– 250 gram chocolate
– 200 gram biscuits with cream centre like oreos
1. Crushed the biscuits using food processor or cash them with rolling pin into fine crumbs. Put aside.
2. Chops the chocolate into small pieces and melt them on a pan. 3. When all the chocolate melts, turn off the stove and put the margarine into the chocolate and stir well until all the margarine melts and they mix nicely.
3. Put the biscuits crumbs to the chocolate and margarine mix. Stir well. 4. Pour the mix into a pan and put it in the fridge until it set enough to cut into small pieces. Or you could shape it into small balls when it still warm before put them in the fridge. As you could see, I think I put too much biscuits crumbs into the mix and it made the fudge crumble when I try to cut it. Next time I shouldn’t put too much biscuits crumbs or I could shape them into small balls.
And there you have it. My own version of biscuits and chocolate fudge. Do you have any favorite fudge recipe? I’m eager to experiments with dishes just like I’m eager to experiments with accessories or jewelry making 🙂